Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thursday Night with Steve Danger - November 20th, 2008

So I figured I'd start doing a weekly blog column. Why the hell not? Will I actually follow through and do another next week? Probably not. But for fun let's pretend for a bit that I will. What's that? What's it about? I have no idea. But the fun is that neither do you. Why should you read it? Sure there's a million other blogs out there about nothing, but there is only one Steve Danger. That's why, fuckers.

Comic Books -- Ok, so maybe it's mostly Little Nemo

Not any single comic or trade paperback, but comic in general are a fucked up medium. Just think about it. You know why some of these stories are comics? Because nobody else other than a comic book company would have the balls to tell these stories. Going way back to the late 1800's when comics were really first accepted as a story telling device, such as Little Nemo in Slumberland, a comic published in the New York Herald from 1905 until 1927. Even by today's standards this was one dark and surreal comic, filled with all kinds of fucked up shit. Today, it doesn't matter what you're into (you sick fuck) there's a comic out there for you.

Television - Or the lack therefore of

What the fuck is up with TV? Everyone I know always says "Two hundred channels of nothing," and I cringe every single fucking time. STOP SAYING IT! We know there's nothing on! TV sucks! The entire entertainment industry designed to keep your attention away from what's really going on behind the curtains that the Wizard hides behind. That being said, I still spend a good three or four hours in front of my television every single day, even more on the weekend. I even have the enhanced package with the extra channels. I really like Supernatural and My Name is Earl.

Microwaveable Meat - The devil's secret weapon

Never eat this shit. Ever. It is so nasty. I had five. I have three left. I wish I had not eaten the other two. Still gives me shivers thinking about it. The... object seen here is Lilydale Latitudes Chicken Tomato Primavera & Bell Peppers.
Here are the "cooking" directions:

Tear pouch slightly at notch to vent and place upright in microwave. Microwave on high for 60 seconds. Pull tear strip to open and carefully pour contents onto plate. Mix and match with Latitudes chicken dishes.
I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound exactly safe. But fuck it, I have a stomach of steel! There are few foods that can scare me. No matter how old. I could do Survivor challenges (am I the only one still making Survivor jokes?). I swear to god, I have never eaten anything so vial in my life. Sweep the floor, vacuum the carpet, mix that in a pot with five year old tomatoes then take a big shit in it. That's what this tasted like.

Rock on!
Steve Danger

No comments: