Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday Night with Steve Danger - December 28, 2008

Welcome to the Christmas Edition of Thursday Night with Steve Danger. Ok, so Christmas has come and gone now. It was a very good Christmas for a change, I spent most of the time drunk off my ass, which always a good thing. Laughed as my six nephews kicked the crap out of my cousin, that was awesome (not badly, they're all under 9 years old). Now the long stretch to the New Year, I can't wait. So my next TNWSD is probably going to be late too. Why? Because I'll be working on my first hangover of 2009.

What I got for Christmas and why it's awesome
I have wanted these books since I first seen them announced a while ago, just had no idea where to find them (other than a bookstore, but I don't support big businesses such as Borders or Barnes & Nobles, not even Amazon.com) but basically they're about the history of each comic book character and are filled with all sorts of neat stuff that you can't find anymore, even reproductions of never-before-seen "ashcan covers".

See? It's filled with all sorts of cool stuff! I wish I could find one for DC.

And that's all I have to say about that. What did you get for Christmas?

Rock on!
Steve Danger

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For Christmas I got a book on economics, a book on semantics and what language says about human nature, a Bruce Haack album (awesome) and some other things like chocolate (always good).

Why don't you support big business? I will always take my business to an independent store if that is an option- but I don't see stores like Borders and Amazon as inherently evil just because they're big. Maybe I'm naive.

Steve Danger said...

It's not that they're evil, they just don't need my business, smaller retailers just might. I like to support my local businesses.